Saturday, November 25, 2006

Wive's tales

Did you know that if you have a lot of heartburn while pregnant, it is a sure sign that your baby will have a lot of hair?

No, you've never heard that either? Well, I hear it 2 to 3 times each outing that Lily is with me. From total strangers ooing and aaahing over my adorable baby.

Of course I love to burst their bubbles. I had virtually NO heartburn during my pregnancy with Lily, a fact I attributed to my small belly size...not the potentially bald head of the baby.

Oh, and for all those Wive's Tales lovers...Lily was supposed to be a boy according to the ring swing, Chinese Calendar, time of conception, etc. I haven't seen her penis yet...so I'm pretty sure they were wrong.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Well baby folklore might have been wrong, but I knew you would have a girl!

Erin said...

People said that to me when I was out with baby Cal. He had less hair than Lily, but still had a good amount. I join you in that I had zero heartburn during pregnancy.

Once when I was about 8 months pregnant, some creepy woman smelling reeeeally strong of cigarettes & coffee came up to me, TOOK MY HAND, and said, "You're having a boy, do you know that?"

CREEPY!

Yes, I knew that, you wierdo. And you had a 50/50 chance of getting it right, so way to go. Now let go of me.