Sunday, January 01, 2006

Resolutions

Ah, welcome 2006! It's gonna be hard to top 2005, but I'm willing to see if it can happen. Jeff and I celebrated it the way we did in California...3 hours earlier. We used to watch the ball drop at 9 pm and then go to bed. Although we missed the ball drop, we still went to bed early. We've spent a lot of New Year's alone, so we've gotten a bit of a tradition for what we do to welcome in the new year. I would tell more, but since mostly family reads this, I don't want to make you ill. ;)

So now come the resolutions. I've never kept a resolution through 12 months. I should probably start following my dear husband's example. He makes the same New Year's resolution every year..."Make no resolutions". Smart a--. :)

Here's what I've come up with:

1) Be Phat, not Fat. Who am I kidding, I'll never be Phat. But I could try to at least get below the "plus-sized" size. Or at least zip up my jeans without lying down. Or discover a muscle other than my diaphragm.

2) Do dishes in the evening. So far so good. I did them tonight. It will feel good to have a clean kitchen tomorrow morning, but I'm just so darn unmotivated in the evenings!

3) Rise above "sub-fertile". Well, I don't really know how to resolve this resolution. But I promise to practice practice practice and hope it works ;) (many of you are going to need counseling after this post...or at the very least have nightmares for months...I apologize for all the sex references)

So today, I started my latest DIE-et. So far, I feel like DIE-ing. It seems a very DIE-er situation. But I hope in a week or so, my body will have adjusted. I hope. I hope. I hope. I even took Shadow for a walk...and dear God I am out of shape. Tuesday, when Jeff goes to work, it's back to my good friend Denise. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories about her. For those of you not in the know, that's Denise Austin. As in "You're good enough. You deserve to lose weight. I'm so proud of you". If you turn the volume down low enough, they are really good workouts. ;)

Happy New Year!

No comments: