Monday, February 27, 2006

Observations of a pregnant woman

8 weeks down. 32 to go. Dear God, that makes me want to cry.

We had a lovely weekend in Cinci/Dayton. Jeff had a fencing tournament at our old stomping grounds, UD. Not that it looks like the UD I went to. But it is still UD. My Ghetto house is still standing, so that's something. I got to visit with my cousin who I haven't seen in about 4 1/2 years (my twin!) and my parents and Jeff basically took care of everything so I could relax. Lovely.

Here are my observations of the past few days:

1) My cousin Nicole must be really cool, because I enjoyed all my time with her despite feeling as tired as a marathon runner on mile 25 and as naucious as...well a pregnant woman.

2) Since I'm feeling so nausious, I should really figure out how to spell that word. (spell check has informed me it is n-a-u-s-e-o-u-s...that's too hard, so I think I'll keep spelling it wrong)

3) The water in my parents' toilet bowl is too high. There was much splash-back with the vomiting. Ewww. (thank heavens my mother is a cleaning champion. I really wouldn't want my own toilet water splashing back on me).

4) I swear I will have my tubes tied after this pregnancy.

5) Okay, I swear I will have JEFF's tubes tied after this pregnancy (why should I have to go through this misery AND surgery?)

6) My mom should be a gourmet cook to the stars. Especially pregnant stars. Somehow I didn't get sick when she was cooking our fabulous meal Saturday night. I thought Jeff was going to cry when he heard the oven start up. It's feels like FOREVER since there's been cooking at our house. Can Mommy move in with us for a few weeks?

7) My in-laws should be automatic winners of the parents-of-the-year award. They sat on bleachers for 10 hours watching and waiting for their son to fence. Enough said.

I think that is it. Jeff took the day off today so we didn't have to rush back from the fencing tournament. Today was a bad day for me. What will I do without him tomorrow???

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You were in DAYTON, and you didn't call??? Shame on you!

Just kidding! I'm sure you were too tired to think about visiting. But you're welcome here anytime. We'd love to see all of you!

Andrea said...

I can;t tell you how many times in the past few months I have told Rob that I am done puking - it's his turn! Sadly, it never worked :(