So it is 7 am. And I've been awake for 3 and a half hours already. Yup, Andrew woke me up at 3:30 crying in his sleep. Banging his head like there was no tomorrow and crying the whole time. I thought he was having a night terror, so I woke him up and rocked him a bit. He went back down, only to cry and bang his head. He didn't want to be awake, but he couldn't get to sleep. So I let him get up at 4:15...why not? He wasn't letting us sleep anyway. But he couldn't even calm down to watch tv...he was crying SO HARD. I gave him some milk and some Tylenol. Finally at about 5:45 he stopped crying. But he is so fragile. Every little thing just about sets him off. I was trying to make him laugh and kissing his neck and face when he let out a cry. Further investigation made me realize his left ear is VERY tender.
Well, duh, mom. He must have an ear infection...hence the can't lie down without crying and Tylenol helped him calm down. Thank God his doctor is open on Saturdays. If there is any advice I can give to future parents looking for a pediatrician...find one with weekend hours. That is the ONLY time they get really sick!
So here I wait until 8 am and I can call the doctor. Poor kid.
Saturday, October 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment