Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Selfish

Yes, I'm feeling selfish today. Self-pitying, if you will. So feel free to SKIP this post if you want to keep thinking of me as a positive, up-beat person.

First of all, why doesn't God want Jeff and I to go on a cruise? Why? And if it was so important to the Big Guy Upstairs, couldn't he find a less destructive way to cancel our trip. Give me intestinal worms a week before the trip, or give the boat a leak. There is no need to destroy every city our ship is supposed to take off from!

Secondly, when did I get to be such a LARDO? That is the technical term for "too-fat-to-fit-in-my-fat-clothes". I am on a restrictive diet and exercising every day to try and alleviate this condition. But I have a very short attention span. So I'm going to try really hard to stick with it more than a week and a half (my previous record in working out). What diet am I on, you ask? The eat less diet. It's a really novel approach to weight loss. If you eat fewer calories, you will lose weight. There is no telling if it will work, it is so revolutionary. One thing it does really well so far is make me irritable. Apparently, when my body is really really hungry, I get really really grouchy. So when PMS comes in a few weeks, I should be a real treat to hang out with. That is, if I'm still doing this in a few weeks.

Thirdly, I'm totally getting the baby bug again. And it is really frustrating, because I know it will take sooooooo long to get pregnant again. People around me are getting impregnated by the air around them, while on birth control! I am happy for them all, because every deserves to be blessed by babies. But I am jealous too. I am not proud of it, just green with envy. And I know I have one healthy baby and who am I to ask for more than that? Yea, my logical brain knows this. But this post isn't logical!

Hmmmmm, what else to gripe about. Oh yeah, WHERE IS FALL???? I haven't experienced fall since 1998, and now, on top of ruining my vacations in November, God is withholding autumn. What gives? I want to wear jeans and sweaters and kill all the bugs with frost. Of course, I don't fit in my jeans, so maybe I do need a few more weeks of heat. I've apparently stretched out all my shorts :)

Few...I feel better. Free therapy. On to another day with Prince Andrew.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I know-- your cruise will ensure a pregnancy. Then you can puke the entire time you're on board and it won't be sea-sickness. BTW-- I'm no expert, but it looks like Galveston missed the worst of it. Cruise on?