48 days. Yes, 48 days until my due date.
That may sound short to some of you reading this. You are obviously not pregnant and due in 48 days. That sounds very very far away indeed.
I know, I know, it will "fly by". But how many baths do I have to give to Andrew until then? You know, a simple bath, where me sitting and kneeling creates excruciating pain in my hip/pelvis/whatever the hell it is that feels like a hot poker in my bones. Where just reaching his back is nearly impossible because I no longer bend in the middle. How many times do I have to sweep and wash the kitchen floor until then? How many times in 48 days will I have to pick up Matchbox cars off the floor? How many times will I have to pee in 48 days?
I whine. I just think I feel so much bigger this time because I am not working. Working while pregnant in the 3rd trimester was CAKE. Maybe that's because I was a librarian and had volunteers to do the bending for me. My 2 year old is very understanding and all, but he refuses to do housework for me. Selfish little thing. ;) I got all motivated to clean my house this week...you know, nesting and all. Monday I scrubbed our bathroom and I'm STILL recovering. My back pain has flared up again, I can't catch my breath because Crunchy is pushing up on my diaphragm, and I feel so worn out. From cleaning the bathroom. I can't hire a cleaning lady, because that would require cleaning up the clutter in my house...and bending over just makes my back flare up more.
I whine. I'm just going to take comfort in the fact that this new baby will drink immunities to all the nastiness in my house. That colostrum is supposed to be magical stuff...it better be with the state of my house. :) How in the world do mothers with multiple children do it? I mean keep the house clean. It takes all my energy to play with Andrew during the day. And he likes board games...not even a high energy activity.
I whine. I really am just a lazy person...which is why teaching didn't quite work out for me. What do pregnant teachers do? Dear God, who am I to complain. I could have 4 other kids running around, or a class of 25 to keep up with, or I could be a construction worker, or foraging for water in the desert. Yea, I should just shut my trap. Whoa is me. I am a healthy pregnant woman carrying a healthy and CRAZY busy little girl taking care of a handsome CRAZY busy little man while my handsome big man makes the money at a job he doesn't even like. My life really is tough. :)
Okay, I've ranted and raved enough. 48 days. I can do this. But I can't type anymore. Crunchy doesn't like it when I sit at the computer because it takes up some of her space. She's knocking around like a monkey right now. Gotta love those healthy babies. Perhaps I'll go kick around some dust bunnies while I wait for Andrew to wake up.
If you've made it this far, I think I'll share something I heard on a Discovery Channel show. It was about a baby's development before birth. They said that a pregnant woman produces as much progesterone and estrogen in 9 months as a non-pregnant woman will produce in 150 years. HOLY CRAP! No wonder I'm complaining...I'm completely out of my mind with hormones!!!
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
One piece of advice...stick Andrew in the shower with Jeff. Let him wash him up when he is in there and it will take away bath time. Worked for me in the last trimester, and I am happy to say still happens from time to time.
Hang in there!! Trust me, I understand!! :)
Oh Giselle,I'm sorry you are uncomfortable! Hopefully we're at least finished with the long stretches of unbearable heat. It's not a reality for us yet, but I also wonder about having more than one kid, when I can't keep my house clean now.
Isn't it nice that you have this lovely little bit of cyberspace to rant in. What did people do before blogs? Wrote in journals I guess, but that is just not as nifty.
Post a Comment