Today, Andrew and I went to the doctor to find out that he is perfectly normal. Whew! Grandma noticed that Andrew was walking a little funny when he was about 18 months old. My pediatrician referred me to a pediatric orthepedist (say THAT 3 times fast), even though she didn't think they would do anything because it was so mild. So there is a 6 week wait for an appointment. Then they moved my appointment back another month. So here we are 4 months later. And I think he may have grown out of it by now. :0 I REALLY didn't want to go. But Jeff convinced me that I would never forgive myself if he someday turned into the Hunchback of Notre Dame. So I went...and I brought my sarcasm with me. :)
"Hello Mrs. Spurgeon. And why are you and Andrew here today?"
"Because of my mother-in-law"
-nervous chuckle-"Oh...okay"
And so on and so forth. I am being especially cruel to my mother-in-law. She has seen the results of hip problems first hand working in pre-school. So I really do appreciate her attention to Prince Andrew. But that doesn't mean I can't poke a little fun, does it?
So they took x-rays and made him walk up and down the hallway. He was a champ. Hammed it up for everyone. I got to see his little leg and hip bones...before today I would not have believed that pictures of a skeleton could be cute. But it was soooo cute. You could see the outline of his chunky little legs. And he is so perfectly made...nice and strong and even. He may not even lope like his dad!
The cutest part of the day was Andrew's WORD OF THE DAY. I told him repeatedly this morning that we were going to the doctor, and that he would look at his feet. When the doctor was leaving, Andrew called out "Bye bye Doctor". So cute. And then I put on his shoes and socks and he kept saying, "Foot go? Foot go?" then he pointed excitedly at his foot and said "There it is!" Maybe we should be visiting a psychiatrist next!
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So I was thinking... with you and Kate both having a blog, maybe I should write one. But then I thought of this... I have NOTHING to write about. At school life is virtually constant. I have no fun children stories... haha But maybe I will anyhow...
Post a Comment