Have I mentioned I love living near family? What...only a few hundred times in this pathetic little blog? Well, I do. I don't know how Jeff and I would have gotten through the last few weeks without family. Dad came for one of my worst weekends...and Andrew wore him out. Then Andrea came a day after he left...and Andrew wore him out. Then my in-laws came last weekend and, God bless them, took Andrew with them to Mt. Vernon for the week. So here I am. At home. Worthless.
I was really sick on Tuesday, and it was really nice to not have Andrew around. But yesterday was a really good day. I felt so pathetic, that when the phone company came to fix our phone lines yesterday, I pretended Andrew was upstairs sleeping. Jeff laughed his head off when he heard that. Why do I care what the phone repair guy thinks?
It sounds like Andrew is having a blast at Grandma and Grandpa's. He left me no problem...he was just so excited he got to ride in Grandpa's pick-up truck. When they pulled into Grandma and Grandpa's driveway, he said "Good job, Grandpa. This is the right place". That night, Grandma was fixing his milk before bed and asked if he wanted it hot or cold. Andrew answered, "I just want it WARM, Grandma". Yesterday Grandpa was hauling a display around town. When he had placed it in its new spot, Andrew announced, "Grandpa, you are an amazing man".
Now, when Andrew says these things, he actually includes the pronouns, articles, conjunctions, etc. He speaks in full sentences now. And it just makes it that much cuter to hear these big sentences coming out of this little kid. Can you tell I miss him?
Grandma says that he asked for us a few times yesterday, but I heard no evidence of him missing us when I was on the phone. She's so nice, she lies to us so we'll feel loved. She really just wants to make sure we come to take him back on Saturday ;)
Thursday, March 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just found your blog and am only a little embarrassed that it took me THREE MONTHS to realize you had one. Congrats on the new baby! I'm sorry things aren't easy for you right now. I know what you mean about living near family. I have no idea what I would do half the time if my sisters & parents weren't around. They are life savers.
Hang in there!!
Great reading isnt that so true the min the kids are away we miss them but yet we all need that break :)
Post a Comment